Wanting to refresh your home interior design is a popular wish. Maybe the living room feels a little lack-luster or the bedroom is needing a bit of a design umph. Like wardrobes and hairstyles, our interiors need a change now and then.
True, getting interior design help with a professional is ideal. But, for those wanting quick and simple touches that go a long way, here is our list for every space in your home.
IN THE LIVING ROOM
1. Make a light switch. Living rooms tend to the be the center of home interior design where decor accents define our style. A simple way to refresh your living room is switching out your current lamp for a new one.
Make a color statement with a bold base or opt for a floor lamp to offer your space a piece with height.
2. Bring in botanicals. Take advantage of the seasonal selections in plants and flowers. For major impact, go for a tall interior tree plant like a Ficus or Dragon Tree. Decorative vases filled with fresh flowers like those chosen for this Decorilla designed sunroom, bring a cheerful and natural element.
IN THE BEDROOM
3. Throw in global accents. Dreaming of the next vacation in far off lands? You don’t have to go far when adding decor inspired by global styles. A Moroccan wedding blanket across the bed or Indian kantha accent pillows are great ways to refresh your space and make it feel like a getaway.
4. Change your headboard. One way to refresh bedroom design is by changing the headboard. A coat of a new paint color on the current headboard offers great contrast against the wall and helps introduce another palette. For the DIYers looking for interior design help, upholstering the headboard adds playful patterns in six simple steps.
IN THE ENTRY
5. Why not wallpaper? Our recent post hailed many design benefits in using wallpaper for home interior design. Spruce up the entry with color, pattern and texture found in modern wall coverings that are sure to leave a stunning first impression of your space.
6. Welcome with art. With a picture saying a thousand words, what your entry art piece could say? Tranquility. Joy. Adventure. Whether a large canvas or a framed photographed gallery, art in the entry way sets the tone of the home.
IN THE DINING ROOM
7. Set a center piece. One simple way to add life and color to the dining room is by adding a center piece at the table. A vase of seasonal flowers, a succulent terrarium or a cluster of varied candle holders can quickly change the look and feel of the space.
8. Mix-match dining seating. Without having to invest in a whole new table, consider adding in new seating or mix and matching it for impact. A rectangular table is perfect for the bench and chair combo, while a round table is fun to place different styled chairs anchored in the same color.
IN THE KITCHEN
9. Warm it up with a rug. A kitchen can be simply spruced up with the help of an area rug. For a small space, a striped rug brings in color and pattern. In larger kitchens, place a rug under an island or in the middle of the space for added warmth and coziness.
10. Create a color splash. Introduce color into the kitchen for a change. Add in a bold window treatment, display colorful dishes in open shelving, or bring in bright stools for the counter. Patterned tea towels and fun kitchen art also go a long way to spruce up this space.
Refreshing a home interior design does not have to be too time consuming or break the bank. These simple tips can spruce up each space in your home. For more interior design help, start a Decorilla project today!
Written by Decorilla interior designer, Christine M.
[images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ]